Monday, December 12, 2005

Red poppy hat

I still have this stashbusting obsession. So I gathered al my red(-ish) yarns and knitted this hat, that I call the Red poppy hat. I didn't use a pattern, just tried something. It's the second hat I've knitted, the first one was Knitty 's Vinter Lue, which was a horrible disaster, probably because I used a very different yarn. Too bad, because I still like the pattern. I've seen a lot of great hats on the internet that I would like to knit. But I'm afraid I will never wear them, because I don't have a hat-head. And I don't like to wear something on my head, only when it's freezing cold.
Because I used a few different stitches it was fun to knit the hat. What I would do different the next time are the decreasings. They didn't turn out nice. Perhaps it would have been better if I'd started decreasing a little later/higher and then instead of 3 times, 6 times in a row.
The combination of colours is one of my favourites, red/aubergine/burgundy. Brown/(light-)blue is another combination I love.

4 Comments:

Blogger zoetegoed said...

I too love the colors. And I always like an experiment of stitches. You did great!
Why don't you rip it when you are not happy with the decreasing? You've learned now, why not use the knowledge?
If you still wouldn't wear it, it would be a great gift to somebody you know and like

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Saartje said...

Very nice hat. Did you design it yourself? I like the knit/purl combinations.
I know what you mean about not liking to wear something on your head. My hair is quite long, and I never know how to put it when I'm wearing a hat. But hats are very nice knitting projects!

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Saartje said...

I forgot: I've got something you maybe want to add to your stashbuster list: tiny little snakes! Here's the website: http://www.needlebeetle.com/fionasfriends/free/snakes.html
I have made lots of these, they're especially nice gifts for cats. I usually felt them.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous kimberly said...

I love your hat-great pattern. The colors are so pretty. Good job.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home